February 20, 2014

Aunt Brigid's Cornbread for a Crowd

For my bridal shower, all the ladies who attended were encouraged to bring a favorite recipe of theirs.  My Aunt Brigid brought this recipe for me “Cornbread for a Crowd”.  I had been waiting to make it (because I know from experience that it is delicious) and finally the occasion showed itself.  
Since it is just myself and the husband, making cornbread fit for 6+ people needed an occasion.  I was able to bring this for a potluck! Wo! The recipe is below and is credited toward my sweet aunt :D Thank you!
Cornbread for a Crowd:
Ingredients:
  • 2 1/3 cups yellow cornmeal
  • 2 1/2 cups white flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 tablespoons baking powder
  • 1/2 cup powdered milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cups milk (whole is best)
  • 3/4 cup oil
Directions:
  1. Mix all ingredients together until smooth; pour into a greased 9×13 pan.
  2. Bake 40-60 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
Notes:
  • Spread a little butter over the sides and drizzle some honey!
  • It might be tasty to throw in some corn kernals to give it some texture! Yum!

See you in the kitchen,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment