November 7, 2014

Away for too long...

Ah! I haven't stopped cooking, but I certainly have stopped blogging...this has resulted in having waaay tooooo many food pictures without names/without memory.  I have made some delicious things, but I can't recall what I did to make the dish delicious! Haha, this is the reason I started blogging so that I could remember what I cook and recreate it for future meals! Whoops!

Well, here I go again :D I am excited to be back and start again! 

My newest favorite breakfast - this is a lot, because for the past eight years or so I have eaten oatmeal every single morning.  Oatmeal is sooo wonderful and it makes sure that my stomach is full until a break for lunch! Well, I now eat this Vanilla Chia Pudding about 2-3 times a week.  Wo. 

The recipe below is fairly standard; most chia puddings reflect something similar and then people make their own variations from there.  


Vanilla Chia Pudding:

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup milk (almond, coconut, soy, cow's)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon sweetener (honey, maple syrup, agave, brown sugar)
  • 3-4 tablespoons chia seeds
Directions:
  1. In a jar mix together ingredients.
  2. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.  The longer it sits, the more liquid the seeds absorb and provides for a thicker texture.  Let sit overnight and the pudding is good up to five days.
  3. Pour into bowl/eat straight out of the jar and adorn with toppings!
    Notes:
    • Toppings: nuts (pecans and walnuts!), shredded coconut, chopped/sliced fruit, whatever you like!



    See you in the kitchen!

    Katie 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment