November 7, 2014

Owl Door Decorations

I work as a housing professional at a university.  I manage a building of graduate students.  This means that part (and perhaps the most important part) of my responsibility is to create a fun, safe, and welcoming environment in my building.  To create a space where residents feel free to pursue their academic endeavors as well as to meet other residents and engage in a fun and lively community.

This includes making what we call 'door decs' or door decorations.  These adorn each apartment door. I have fun with these, but because I am not particularly crafty, I spend way toooo much time cutting and gluing.

Well, my husband was away for TWO AND A HALF weeks at the beginning of a new semester so I needed to fill my time.  So on one Saturday I sat down in front of the TV with my scissors, paper, glue, etc. ready to spend the day watching over five Disney cartoon movies on the tube.

Needing some inspiration, I browsed pinterest and found these cute owls.  I ended up making over 30+ of these owls.  I realized that I could also use them as fun cards for family and friends! 

If I can do this, anyone can!





      
See you in the kitchen,

Katie

1 comment:

  1. These are really cute Katie !!!
    You should make little snowmen too - keep crafting it's fun !
    love MOM

    ReplyDelete