February 5, 2015

PUMPKIN

Pumpkin. 

I had two leftover pumpkins from a pumpkin carving activity this past October. I decided I might as well save them and put them to good use.  I was in charge of making desserts for our family Thanksgiving feast so I thought instead of buying canned pumpkin, I have my pumpkins all ready to bake and puree.  

Pureeing a Pumpkin:

  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Cut pumpkin/s down the middle.
  3. Scoop/scrap out the guts and seeds.
  4. Place halves down (inside-side down) on baking dish.
  5. Add water to bottom of pan, ~1 cup.
  6. Bake for at least one and a half hours or until pumpkin is tender and cooked through.  Remove from heat. Cool.
  7. Scoop out cooked pumpkin and puree.
  8. Store in containers in fridge or freezer until ready to be used.










Proceed to use this pumpkin puree in all your favorite pumpkin recipes! 
Before adding this puree to recipes, I did strain it as its water content was high.

Somehow, I didn't take any pictures of all of the pumpkin goodness that it turned into! I did use it however to make:
SOOOO GOOOD! The pumpkin bread was the most surprising. Wow! Try it!

See you in the kitchen,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment