March 3, 2015

Pumpkin Bread

I used the last of the pumpkin puree that I had in the freezer to make pumpkin bread for when my grandparents came into town.  The recipe makes two loaves.  One was used for breakfast with the abuelos and the other for my in-laws for a dessert! I still can't believe how much I like this bread and it is so surprising because I never would have thought of pumpkin bread! I will continue to make pumpkin bread as long as I have access to pumpkin! 

Pumpkin Bread:
(recipe modified from Tastes from Lizzy T's)

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup oil
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cups pumpkin puree
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. pumpkin pie (see notes)
Directions:
  1. Mix together oil, sugar, vanilla, eggs, and pumpkin.
  2. Mix together remaining ingredients. 
  3. Incorporate the dry and wet ingredients together. 
  4. Pour mixture evenly into two well-greased loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
Notes:
  • So delicious! Enjoy w/ butter, fruit on top, whipped cream, or plain! 





See you in the kitchen,
Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment