January 28, 2014

Bread, Bread, Bread

I have this grand idea that there will always be delicious homemade bread in the kitchen.  Bread for sandwiches, bread for dessert, bread as basically a vehicle to get any kind of food into my mouth.  But most importantly, my favorite, favorite thing about homemade bread is simple.  Give me homemade, fresh bread and some good butter. YUM!!!! This does it for me! Better than chocolate, ice cream, cake, etc.  I enjoy bread and butter. Simple. 

Because of this, over the past two months or so about every other week I have been trying out most bread recipes I have come across.  This includes French breads, sandwich breads, white, wheat, cornmeal, breads that use oil, some that don't, etc.  I ultimately desire to put together a list of my go-to bread recipes.  To have a bread for every occasion and appetite. 

Most of the recipes I have used are tasty, yes.  However, I am having trouble baking a bread that can hold its shape.  Most recipes have produced tasty bread, but after being sliced it is really crumbly.  You can imagine that this doesn't work so well for sandwiches.  My hunt continues then for good, reliable recipes that produce the 'whole package' types of breads :D Those that basically are tasty and that hold their form. 

Today, because we ran out of bread, I decided to try a new recipe.  I also decided to make more tortillas (a triple batch to freeze most), and Cream Cheese Banana Bread.  So I used many, many cups of flour today! Wo!

If the bread I made today comes out well, I will post the recipe in a separate post.  Also, look for the recipe for the Cream Cheese Banana Bread soon!

The pictures are some taken during the process! The bread rising, making the banana bread, and the tortillas ready to go into the freezer!





See you in the kitchen!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment