May 24, 2010

2 1/2 days Price. 1 1/2 days Salt Lake City. 50 days PERU.


In approximately FOUR-ish days I leave for FIFTY days in Peru!!! Wo. That is sooo very crazy! I leave Salt Lake on May 28th and return July 16th (on my birthday!)!

I will be traveling to Lima, Peru with two of my amazingly ridiculous friends. From May 28th to June 13th I will be traveling the country with these two fabulous women. Farah, who is from Lima, is pretty much taking us to the places she never had the chance to visit as a child. We will be flying over the Nazca Lines, visiting Machu Picchu, sleeping on buses, eating delicious Peruvian cuisine (looooove Peruvian food!), and who knows all what else is planned for and what is not!

From June 14th-July 16th, I will then remain in Peru for a Global Health Study Abroad trip with the University of Utah. We will be networking with physicians and hospitals around Peru as well as researching common pediatric diseases/conditions. This will be an absolutely amazing experience and I am so very grateful for this opportunity!

Throughout this 50 day experience, I hope to record a lot of what I do, see, eat, smell, and feel while I am in Peru. Hopefully, this blog haha will help keep me accountable!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. haha oh Katie, way to not mention me by name. RUDE! woot woot Peru!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog !! Keep updating us when you can. love mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie..what a girl, keep us posted...Grandpa

    ReplyDelete