February 21, 2014

Graham Cracker Crust

Making graham cracker crust is easy.  The only hard part is resisting to eat it before actually pressing it into the pan! At this point in my life, I find that I enjoy pastry pie crusts fine enough from the refrigerated section at the grocery store, but graham cracker crusts must be made in my own kitchen. Hmm, couldn't tell you why!  



I always use this crust when making my Banana Pudding Pie! 



Graham Cracker Crust:
(for a 9" pie pan)


Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups graham crackers
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Crush crackers to a fine or a nice crumble.  Use a food processor or do it by hand in a ziploc baggy. 
  3. Mix crushed crackers, sugar, and melted butter together.
  4. Press mix firmly against both bottom and sides of the pie plate.
  5. Bake for 10 minutes.
  6. Cool.
Notes:
  • Feel free to mix up the flavor of crackers used: chocolate graham crackers, honey, regular, etc.
  • I am still working on making it look pretty! 



See you in the kitchen!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment