April 1, 2014

Supper Club

I am so very excited!

A few friends and I have set out to meet up every other week or so to make a meal.  This will be another Supper Club for me :D We decide usually on a main dish and a dessert to make at one of the lady's house.  We have had a sushi night, a Peruvian night (with ceviche on the menu), and just yesterday we met yet again.  

We attempted to make and did successfully make a Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli and Chocolate Eclairs.  The ravioli really was what took up all of our time and effort! Ravioli dough (or at least our guiding recipe) I guess is made very simply with just flour and eggs.  Wo. We had something like 3 1/2 cups of flour with 4 eggs and the eggs didn't get us anywhere! So a little water, a little more water, and some serious elbow grease, and 2 1/2 hours later we had finally rolled out all of the dough! Whew! So we had thick and chewy ravioli, but make no mistake, we gobbled them all right up! We also made chocolate eclairs and they came out deliciously thanks to one of the other ladies! Delicious! 

During the preparation phase of the evening, I decided to throw another dessert into the mix.  Our gracious host has made crème brûlée on several occasions now. AND IT IS SO DELICOUS! I have always enjoyed crème brûlée, HOWEVER now I know I can make it! ALL THE TIME, PLEASE! 

She has a kitchen torch (which no fear, you don't have to have one, though it is awesome) and since we were already cooking with a lot of cream and eggs, why not whip up some crème brûlée to go along with everything.  So in fact tonight, I will be making it on my own for the 1st time! Yes!

So for now here are two pictures of our desserts - the ravioli didn't get any pictures unfortunately.  (The pictures were taken with my phone sadly). 



See you in the kitchen!

Katie
  

No comments:

Post a Comment