January 17, 2014

The Personal Electronic Cutter

I have never been the crafty type.  But I want to be.

So, with the little extra time that I have on my hands, while not currently working a full-time job, I have free license to explore my creative side. 

My most recent project involved making some homemade cards. What?! Most of the cards that I make are really just notes written on notebook paper.  Well, that's where the Personal Electronic Cutter comes in. 

 
It drastically improves upon my hand-written letters, hand-drawn circles, etc.  It is dye-cutting to a whole other level! This machine comes from Cricut.  This machine will allow me to make the most beautiful bulletin boards that I have only dreamed about.  I currently work in housing with a university and making door decs, bulletin boards, are a standard and quite regular part of the job.  I am so very excited to get started and transforming the building into a dye-cut wonderland! Wo! And yes, I have worked in housing for a long time :D  

Using a George and Basic Shapes cartridge, I created the below cards! My very first experience with this machine! After a couple... of hours on Pinterest, I realized that there are many, many ways to utilize the shapes that this cartridge has to offer - I think you can even go online to the Cricut site and download their software program! So excited to keep going!



 


 
 
See you in the kitchen,
 
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment